Friday, February 24, 2012

Crock Pot Nacho Chicken

What do you call chicken that's not yours?  NACHO CHICKEN!!!  Never gets old.

I love cooking with the crock pot and frozen chicken breasts for days when I know I won't get home until later.  Here's a quick easy and delicious nacho chicken recipe.  I put it over a bed of romaine lettuce and a few crushed chips for a salad (there's enough juice that you won't need additional dressing) with some Mexican cheese sprinkled on top and for my husband, I put a bed of chips, topped it with the cheese and then drizzled the chicken all over it.  Muy bueno!


Ingredients:
4 frozen chicken breasts
1 8oz can of whole kernal corn - drained
1 8oz can of black beans - drained and rinsed
16 oz pico de gallo - I used the huge Costco can we got for Superbowl that of course, did not get finished.. this recipe brought me close, may have to use it everytime we buy that huge thing of salsa!
1 tsp chipotle powder
4 oz of light cream cheese (or half of a normal package size)

Directions:
Put the chicken, corn, black beans, and salsa into the crock pot and cook for 4-5 hours on low.  Shred the chicken, add the cream cheese, and let it sit on warm for another 30 minutes.  To eat, top with shredded cheese and put it over a bed of lettuce or a plate of chips.  Easy peasy!!

I didn't take a photo but will add one when I make this again.  It's a repeater!

No comments: