Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Egg Sausage Casserole

Last Christmas, I had just given birth to Cooper and the nights and days blurred and I was a mombie through the holidays.  My friend Emily brought us TWO casseroles on Christmas Eve and a new tradition was born.  The casseroles were SO good and my kids LOVED them and ate em up, and I'm more of a savory breakfast person, so this was absolutely perfect.  What an angel, she also helped me drive Dagny to and from pre-school while I dealt with a newborn at home.  I hope I remember to do those little things for others with newborns too, because that was absolutely the best gift anyone could give me.

Saving this recipe since a new Christmas tradition has been born!

INGREDIENTS: 
4 cups dried herbed stuffing cubes
3 cups shredded cheese
1 pound cooked sausage
8 large eggs
4 1/2 cups milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp dried mustard

Grease a 13x9 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray.  Sprinkle stuffing cubes; cover with 1 1/2 cups of cheese, crumble cooked sausage; cover with remaining 1 1/2 cups of cheese.  In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt, and dry mustard until well blended.  Pour into the pan, cover and refrigerate overnight.  Bake at 350 F for 1 hour uncovered, until knife inserted comes out clean.  Makes 10-12 servings.

I am adding chopped red bell peppers or a small can of diced green chilies next year.

Delicious!  When the kids say it's good, you know it's a repeat recipe.


No comments: