Monday, December 26, 2011

Bread Pudding Flan?

I didn't have enough eggs last night to make a large (9 x 12) pan of bread pudding, so I reduced the recipe by half and attempted to used 1.5 eggs (go figure) and ended up using more egg whites... the result was a weird combination of semi bread pudding on top and flan on the bottom!

Here's how I made it:

2.5 cups of sugar
1 t vanilla
4 egg yolks
1 egg and 2 egg whites
1 8oz can of coconut milk

I used 12 Hawaiian rolls, cut them in half (as if you were making sliders) and placed the bottoms into a 9x9 Pyrex dish.  I then poured half of the well beated mixture above over the 12 halves in the pan... put the tops on and then used the rest of the mixture.

Cook for 45 minutes at 350 degrees with a piece of foil covered... then remove the foil and cook for another 45 minutes.

The result is flan-tastic!

No comments: