Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Tuna Casserole

Would you believe me if I told you I never had tuna casserole until Andy made it for us recently (a few months before we moved from LA?)  It's true!

My mom made a slightly different version of it, but there was never any tuna and it was more clam chowder than cream of whatever and I just remember there being a lot of seafood in it and it being baked.  I'll have to get the recipe from her sometime (though knowing her, she probably just threw it all in!)

Not my go to for dinner, but it is great for those weeknights when you are really busy!

Serves 4, with some leftovers

Ingredients:
for casserole:
1 package of frozen peas, cooked
2 cups of noodles, cooked
1 can of tuna, drained
1 can of cream of whatever - I'm using potato
1/2 cup of milk
1/4 cup of cheese
for sprinkling on top:
more cheese and bread crumbs (1/2 cup)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Cook noodles, set aside.  Cook peas, set aside.  Mix noodles and peas with tuna, cream of whatever, milk, and cheese.  Put into a 9 x 12 glass dish (spray with Butter Pam) and pour in mixture and top off with some bread crumbs and cheese.  Cook for about 30 minutes.

No comments: