Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Mother in Law's Sorta Salsa

I made this THREE times this weekend - once for Andy's med school buds, once for my cousins, and once for our friends. It was spectacular every single time. Simply sensational! And after making it three times, I tweaked it to make it a tad more healthier by using less oil (tastes the same!) and EVOO instead of pure oil.

Serves 10-12 with tortilla chips!

1 can black beans rinsed and drained
1 can garbanzo beans rinsed and drained
1 can corn rinsed and drained
1 can diced tomatoes slightly drained (just with the lid)
1 lime squeezed
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
4 T of pico de gallo salsa or one tiny can
1-2 avocados chopped
1 package of Italian dry seasoning - mixed - here is where I first mixed 3 T vinegar (used apple for last batch and tasted just as good!), 1/4 cup of water, then subsequently added 1/4 cup of water and 3 T of EVOO instead of 1/4 cup.

Was quite delicious if I do say so myself! The only warning is - it is a load of protein and the combination of beans may give you gas. But it was well worth it!

No comments: