Friday, November 30, 2012

My Favorite Skinny Veggie Sandwich

Much of this is inspired from Panera's Mediterranean Veggie, which is by far, my FAVORITE sandwich ever!  Alas, I do not have their wonderful tomato country bread nor do I love the red onion on theirs so I have adapted it and added what I love to make it the best skinny veggie sandwich EVER!

Ingredients:
2 slices of Country Hawaiian Bread
Hummus
4-5 slices of cucumber
4-5 slices of tomato
roasted red bell peppers (mine are from a jar)
sliced banana peppers (also from a jar)
crumbled feta cheese
half an avocado

Instructions:
Spread hummus on both sides of the bread.  On one side, spread half of the avocado (mush it up and make it as flat as possible, doesn't need to be pretty.  Layer on the cucumber, tomato, red bell peppers, banana peppers, sprinkle some crumbled feta, and pour yourself a tall glass of water to go with the BEST VEGGIE SANDWICH EVER!!!




No comments: