Friday, November 4, 2011

Brussel Sprouts Baby Food

So easy!!! I normally make baby food and I don't track how much I put in.. but I did this time!

1 pack of brussel sprouts from Trader Joe's - about 4 cups in the Vitamix
Steam the brussel sprouts
Photobucket
I have peas pictured, yes I know these aren't brussel sprouts, but I didn't think to take photos until I was on the next batch of vegetables which were snow peas!
Photobucket
Mix in Vitamix with 2 cups of water and 2 ice cubes

Blend blend blend
Pour into ready to eat bowls or freeze into ice cube trays
Photobucket
Photobucket

For ice cube trays, spray some non-stick Pam onto the saran wrap before covering to prevent freezer burn (not always guaranteed but helps).
Photobucket

After trays have frozen, remove from trays and store in ziploc bags with labels (dates if you might take a long time... Jordan goes through these in about 2 - 3 days).

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: